Monday, April 2, 2007

Coachella is Coming

Welcome to the very first ever post of Pop Fiasco. I have high hopes for this blog, meaning that I hope to have not abandoned it within a week. So let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Jeff and I like music. Sometimes I read the SPIN magazine, and I think, "Geez, how do those writers write music reviews? They must be the coolest people ever". I don't even know how to begin to describe music. But I figure it's worth a shot. Maybe it will turn out that I'm remarkably insightful? So aside from music, I also have a cat named Belle. I blog about her too, so you should check that out.

All right, enough introduction, let's get on to the meat of this post. I'm going to Coachella at the end of this month. This will be my third time. I went there in 2004 and 2005. Last year I went to Bonnaroo instead, and boy was that a mistake. Too much jam band nonsense for my palette. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

But really, Coachella is where it's at, if your primary genre of musical interest is good old indie pop/rock. Plus the shower trailers are pretty nice (and free!), whereas at Bonnaroo they are costly. I don't think I took a single shower at Bonnaroo last year. So that was awesome.

So right, Coachella is coming up fast. I still haven't listened to like two thirds of the bands that are going to be there. I guess for the next month, the primary purpose of this blog will be to listen to the bands appearing at Coachella, and give my impressions of their music. So that should be good. I have a mission. Your mission is to read this blog as if your life depends on it.

No comments: